Chawkbazar fire: IEB forms 6-member investigation committee
23 Feb 2019
The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) on Saturday formed a six-member committee to investigate the fire at Chawkbazar. At least 67 people were killed and around 41 others injured on Wednesday night after a fire broke out at a chemical warehouse and raged through several nearby buildings. Former IEB president engineer Md Nurul Huda has been made convener of the committee, tasked with finding out proper reasons? of the fire and making recommendations. IEB's honorary Assistant General Secretary (Academic and International) engineer Kazi Khairul Bashar is the committee's member secretary. Other members are IEB Central Council Member engineer Hamidur Haque, Prof Dr. Engineer Monaj Ahmed Noor, engineer Dr. Yasir Arafat and engineer Dr. Kazi Bayezid Kabir. The committee has been asked to visit the site, collect data, and scrutinize engineering and technical issues. It has to file a full report within the next seven days.
- IEB forms probe body to investigate Banani fire incident
- Innovate for development
- PM to open IEB's 59th convention today
- "Role of Biomedical Engineering in the 4th Industrial Revolution"
- IEB's 71st founding anniversary today
- IIFT and Doha Mahfil held at IEB
- Textile engineers should be interested in self-employment
- 'Five G' will be the birth of a new civilization: Mostafa Jabbar
- Smart pre-paid meters will reduce the cost of customer
- Seminar on 4th industrial revolution at Bhashani University.