IEB forms probe body to investigate Banani fire incident
03 Mar 2019
The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) today formed an eight-member committee to investigate the Banani FR Tower fire incident. Headed by the former president of IEB, Engineer Mohammad Nurul Huda, the committee has been tasked with finding out "proper reasons" of the fire and making recommendations.
IEB's honorary assistant general secretary (academic and international) engineer Kazi Khairul Bashar is the committee's member secretary. The other members of the committee are IEB central council member engineer Hamidur Haque, professor Monaj Ahmed Noor, chairman of IEB's Civil engineering department Engineer Mohammad Habibur Rahman, Chairman of the IEB's Mechanical Department Prof Dr. Engineer Abdur Rashid Sarkar, Yasir Arafat, and engineer Yasir Arafat Khan. The committee has been asked to submit its report within seven days to the IEB central council member engineer Khandaker Manjur Morshed. At least 25 people were killed and over 70 others injured in the devastating fire which broke out at FR Tower in city's Banani area on Thursday.
- Chawkbazar fire: IEB forms 6-member investigation committee
- Innovate for development
- PM to open IEB's 59th convention today
- "Role of Biomedical Engineering in the 4th Industrial Revolution"
- IEB's 71st founding anniversary today
- IIFT and Doha Mahfil held at IEB
- Textile engineers should be interested in self-employment
- 'Five G' will be the birth of a new civilization: Mostafa Jabbar
- Smart pre-paid meters will reduce the cost of customer
- Seminar on 4th industrial revolution at Bhashani University.