Smart pre-paid meters will reduce the cost of customer
28 Jul 2019
President of Engineers Institution Bangladesh (IEB) and Secretary of Science and Technology Affairs Sub-Committee of the Awami League Md. Abdus Sabur said, "The present Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina's government came to power and brought many changes in the power sector of the country. The current generation capacity of the country is 22051 MW. The target for generating electricity in 2041 has been estimated at 60,000 MW. The new initiative of the government is the smart prepaid metering system for the proper use of electricity, including saving electricity, collecting revenue and preventing customer harassment. This smart pre-paid meter will greatly reduce the customer's suffering. 'He said this while addressing a seminar titled 'Technology and System Overview of Smart Meter in Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)' at the Council Hall of IEB on Thursday afternoon.
- Chawkbazar fire: IEB forms 6-member investigation committee
- IEB forms probe body to investigate Banani fire incident
- Innovate for development
- PM to open IEB's 59th convention today
- "Role of Biomedical Engineering in the 4th Industrial Revolution"
- IEB's 71st founding anniversary today
- IIFT and Doha Mahfil held at IEB
- Textile engineers should be interested in self-employment
- 'Five G' will be the birth of a new civilization: Mostafa Jabbar
- Seminar on 4th industrial revolution at Bhashani University.